Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Affirmation!

If I ever needed affirmation that everything I'm doing so far is right, I got it at last night's SWLC. The class itself was a short one... only 45 minutes. We talked about a few different meal planning websites, a couple of helpful books, and a website that has great information on local trails. Once I look into each a bit more, I'll post links. :) The biggest thing we talked about however, was the changes that are coming to food labels. If you click on that last sentence, it will take you to the FDA's website, where they talk about the changes that are coming to our standard food label. I think that all the changes are for the better, especially the part where they talk about the amount of added sugar in a food. So, there's that. We also did a little food Q&A; are certain things ok for us, what are suggestions to help us stay on plan, ect. And then we weighed in.

This is where the affirmation comes in. Weigh in for each person is private. Everyone stands in a line, but, there's about five feet between the person in line and the person on the scale. There's also a privacy screen set up to block the scale from the front of the room. No numbers are said out loud, and it's honestly just a part of the class for me. My dietitian is super encouraging with everyone, telling them what a good job they've done if they've lost weight, and motivating those that may feel disappointed that they didn't lose more. As I said, you don't know how the person in front of you is doing, and since we haven't talked about how much weight you should be losing, I don't know how I've been doing. So, when it was my turn to step on the scale, it read 349 (my scale at home has me at 346, but that's ok). The dietitian started to write it down, looked at last month's weight, and was like, "Woah, woah, woah. Step back up on that scale." I half-laughed, and said, "It's for real, I promise." Sure enough, I stepped back up for the same weight. She was astounded. She said that was amazing. I asked her how much we're supposed to be losing, and she said what I was losing is fine, as long as I'm feeling satisfied at meals (which I said I was), and as long as I'm not fatigued. Well, I am fatigued, which is new, but it's getting better. She asked if I was getting all my fluids (I'm trying, but I'm doing better than I used to). She seemed happy. :) I'm happy. :) I see her again in a month, this time for my 1:1 SWLC. Well, I'm just going to keep doing what I've been doing in the meantime.

EDIT 5/18/17

So, I was at home sick yesterday, and when I went to pick up my daughter from the sitter, I had to get dressed (I was in my pj's, and totally wanted to stay that way... but, I digress), and so I put on a pair of shorts that, to be completely honest, I've never been able to wear. They were given to me. They're a size 24... I've been in a size 26. They fit me perfectly. So, guess who has dropped a pants size? :)

~♥~
Lady D

1 comment:

  1. Hey Liz, it's Katy with Greater Goods. We found your Weight Loss Journey through your Amazon review of our scale on Amazon. We feel horrible that our Balance Silicone Scale didn’t live up to your expectations and we feel even worse that we couldn’t be a bigger part of your journey. We completely understand how hard it is to make this big life change, and we’d like to give you our best body composition scale for free as a replacement, as well as sponsor your weight loss journey by offering you a $100 Amazon gift card to help in whatever way you feel it is most needed. Again, we’re really sorry, but we hope this effort will help celebrate the progress you’ve made.

    If you are interested, shoot us an email to info@greatergoods.com and we'll send your replacement & gift card out to you ASAP. If not, we wish you the best of luck!

    Thanks,

    -Katy
    Greater Goods
    314.991.8494

    ReplyDelete

Plastics...

So, I had kind of stopped updating this blog since I record most things on Instagram, but, I kind of want to document my plastics journey on...