Sunday, May 7, 2017

Pizza and BBQ Sauce

So, as I've said, I'm craving pizza. And, I'm sure you've seen on Facebook, I've been coming up with interesting ways to curb that craving, while still being compliant. I thought I'd share the two recipes that I've made. While the pizza with the crust is more filling, the no crust pizza tastes so awesome. :)

So, the pizza crust for this recipe is super easy. It comes out a little like a cross between bread and scrambled eggs, but tastes like well, pizza crust. It's very easy. 8 oz. Reduced fat cream cheese, soft,



two eggs, Italian spices (the person who I got the recipe from used a scoop of multipurpose protein powder as well, which I'm going to get and try for next time), 1/4 c. mozzarella cheese, and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Mix the batter well, and then we poured it into a 9x9 pan lined with wax paper. I didn't spray anything or oil it, but next time I will, since the crust stuck really bad. Set the oven on 375*, bake for 13 minutes. Pull out the crust, and sauce and top (we used turkey pepperoni, banana peppers, turkey Italian sausage, and low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese, with another sprinkle of Italian spices), and bake until the cheese gets nice and bubbly. Even though the crust stuck, it was very good, and surprisingly filling. I could only eat 1.5 slices, and Brandon ate two and was full.



The second type of pizza that I made is a crust-less pizza. Literally, all I did, was to put a small spray of Pam into a small non-stick pan, and then do a light layer of low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese. Then I added my toppings. I turned the heat on medium-low.



And then, I let it sit. Once the edges start to brown, loosen them with a spatula, let it sit for a minute or two, and then turn off the heat. Again, let it sit for a minute or two, and then slide onto a plate. I cut it into four slices, sprinkle a little parm on top, and spoon a small amount of pizza sauce on top. The bottom gets all nice and crusty, and creates a faux pizza crust. It's delicious. Not as filling as the other, but, still nice and filling. :)



So, the last two days, I've been fighting myself on something to stay on diet... I'm craving BBQ sauce. I made my daughter chicken nuggets for lunch yesterday and today, and on Friday, when the vendor brought in chicken, they brought BBQ. The last two days, my daughter got BBQ with her nuggets. So, I've wanted BBQ sauce. I made pork chops last night, and had one again for lunch today. What's the problem with BBQ you ask? Well, per the diet, I'm not supposed to do sauces on my meats, and after reading the label of Bullseye BBQ, I get why... 11g of sugar for TWO tablespoons of sauce! Holy Cow! So, how did I talk myself out of it? Well, I used the gateway drug analogy; today, I talk myself into a little BBQ... tomorrow, garlic bread, baked potatoes, french fries, fast food. It worked. But I had to do it again today. *sigh* Not going to lie, I did take a little tiny dip of the tip of my finger into my daughter's sauce, which honestly, I think curbed the want. So, did I go off diet, technically. But, I'd rather do that little tiny dip (less than the size of a dime, just barely covering my fingertip) than to go completely off plan. So... how's everyone else's weekend going? :)

~♥~
Lady D

4 comments:

  1. sounds like you're doing a great job. I often think of food as my addiction...as we have quite a bit of it in the family. give yourself credit where credit is due. it's not so much a diet it's a lifestyle change. keep up the good work. i know its so hard. toy cam be an inspiration for so many people. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That's why I'm writing this blog. :)

      Delete
  2. Like you said it's better to have just that little taste to cure your craving instead of denying yourself a taste and then breaking down later and binge on it. I think you're doing amazing and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Plastics...

So, I had kind of stopped updating this blog since I record most things on Instagram, but, I kind of want to document my plastics journey on...