Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Well, hello. :)

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I've been dealing with this annoying allergy/sinus infection thing, and haven't really had anything to post about. So, I guess I'll update a few things here and now.

I'm getting really excited. My surgery consult is a week from today. What does that mean? That means that I get to meet with the surgeon, and see what all my options are, and what she thinks is best for me. Now, this is not where I get my surgery date. I won't get that until I'm done with my SWLCs, which won't be until October. But, this is one step closer, for sure.

This month, I also have my 1:1 with the dietitian, and I'm interested to see what she thinks of my progress (twenty-two pounds lost so far), and to see if she has recommendations, and so on. I also have my psychological exam this month. My pre-op labs came back good... no H. Pylori, my Vitamin D was good. So, that's pretty much it with that part.

So, a little over a month ago, I bought a scale from a company called Greater Goods via Amazon. When I got it home, it didn't work, it weighed 14 lbs just from sitting it on the floor. I wasn't happy with it, so, I returned it, and gave it a bad review on Amazon. Well, the company found this blog through my Amazon account, and they were floored over my journey. One of their reps said that they totally wanted to support my life style change and weight loss journey, and so they offered me a free scale (an upgrade of the one I had previously purchased), as well as a $100 Amazon gift card to use as I saw fit. I couldn't believe it. I thought it was a scam at first. But no! They literally just wanted to help me out. So, my free scale is on it's way to me, and the gift card went towards protein powder, and a weights set for helping with my exercise. Thank you Greater Goods. You guys rock! :)

So, speaking of exercise, I got a crap ton of it yesterday. We took my daughter to the zoo (Can I just say that zoos need healthier food? I ate a burger, no bun, so, I stayed on diet there, but for a side, I bought a fruit cup to share, and it was grapes and strawberries [grapes are not legal], so, I went off plan there... I guess it's just good that I didn't order fries or something), and basically, we walked for 3 hours straight. I wish I had remembered to put on my FitBit... I'd love to have seen how many steps I had taken. :)

So, do you have a FitBit HR? I bought a secondhand FitBit Charge HR last winter, and I love mine. But I was always curious how accurate the heart rate is... apparently it's very accurate. I compared my heart rate to my heart rate on an O2 sensor at the doc's office, and it was spot on. Good to know! So, did anyone else do anything fun and healthy this weekend?

~♥~
Lady D

1 comment:

  1. I get 10 to 15k daily. I used to have a fit bit h.r. but it imploded on my one day. I have a Samsung watch now

    ReplyDelete

Plastics...

So, I had kind of stopped updating this blog since I record most things on Instagram, but, I kind of want to document my plastics journey on...