Thursday, May 17, 2018

Meatball "Pizza"

So, I don't know if you remember my "Crust-less Pizza" I made when I was really pre-op, but I've made a few moderations to it since I've been post op, and... OMG, this is AWESOME. The one I'm showing today is just one that I've made... it's a "Meatball Pizza." You take 3 Cooked Perfect Frozen turkey or chicken meatballs and microwave them for 45 seconds. Cut them into quarters. Take a small (6-8") skillet, and put barely a layer of low-moisture, part-skim mozzarella cheese in the bottom (just enough to hold the meatballs together). Layer the meatballs in the pan, and sprinkle parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and any Italian spices that you want on there. Finally, top with just enough cheese to cover things. Turn the heat on medium-low, and put a lid on the pan to melt the top of the cheese. Let it cook until the bottom gets brown and crusty. Dip in some marinara or low-sugar pizza sauce.



It's fabulous. I have to share with my kiddo, because a- she loves it, and b- I can almost never finish the full thing by myself. I've also made it with a combination of fiesta blend and pepperjack shredded cheeses, with Cheddar Jalapeno chicken sausages from Meijer. Instead of using Italian spices, I used a little bit of cumin, and I topped with salsa instead of marinara. As I said, FANTASTIC. There are ways to make food awesome.

I also came to realize just the other day that I've never put my updated cauliflower casserole recipe on here... hm... I'll have to get some cheddar cheese and riced cauliflower, and make it to show you. :) Well, that's it for now I think. I hope you are all having a WONDERFUL week! :)

~♥~
Lady D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plastics...

So, I had kind of stopped updating this blog since I record most things on Instagram, but, I kind of want to document my plastics journey on...