Tuesday, May 15, 2018

PSA Post: READ READ READ your Labels!!!!

*sigh* This post for me is a sad one right now, because I'm suffering the consequences. So, I had purchased some super YUMMY turkey hotdogs from... somewhere... Meijer? Walmart? They were Bar S brand. And believe it or not, two of them completely kept me satiated until my next meal. Well, when I was at Walmart the other day, I couldn't find these. So, I bought the Jennie-O brand. Well, I was getting hungry, A LOT after I had two of them this morning. And now I see why. Holy cow! Only 4g protein per. The Bar S brand only has 6g protein per, but for some reason, that keeps me fuller longer. Neither of these are a very good option for a meal, honestly. This is why I need to READ READ READ my labels before I buy things. Plus, the Jennie-O hotdogs didn't cook up like normal hotdogs, and they just don't taste the same. :( Oh well.

I did a much better job over the weekend prepping for my sister's bridal shower luncheon... kind of. So, knowing that she picked Olive Garden, I went and studied their menu and nutritional content, and saw that some of their "healthier" dishes still had 30+g fat in them! Oh no, that just wouldn't do. So, my original plan was to have some salad with a grilled chicken breast. But! I saw that the Pasta Fagioli had only 2g fat in it... and less than 2g sugar. For those of you that haven't been to Olive Garden, the pasta fagioli is basically chili, with some small pasta in it. So, I ordered that. And I picked out the pasta. Well, I did my normal protein bar at 130 after lunch, and then I forgot all about it. As I was driving home, I was getting REALLY hungry. Well, after looking it up, the entire bowl of pasta fagioli only has 8g protein in it. :( So, I popped another protein bar. I ended up with more calories than I probably should have that day: Protein Shake, Protein Bar for breakfast, Pasta Fagioli for lunch, Protein Bar Snack, Protein Bar Snack again, Protein Bar dinner, and then when I got home I had a few fresh strawberries and an apple. So, I guess I could have done much, much worse, but still.

Speaking of Protein Bars, I DID get to try the Wild Berry Creme flavor of PowerCrunch over the weekend. I'm not a fan, honestly. It's got a tang to it at first, which is ok... and it's definitely got a lot of berry flavor, but it's got that whey aftertaste that most bars have that turn me off that no other flavor of PowerCrunch have had to date. I just don't get it. Oh well. Give them a try, let me know what you think. Maybe I'm just crazy. :)

So, since it's Tuesday, I've been trying to keep up with "Transformation Tuesday" on Instagram. I don't do it all the time... mainly if I have a cute outfit on, or I'm having a good body image day (these do not come along super often). Today was one of the days I was indeed having a good body image day, so, here's my latest "Transformation Tuesday" shot...



Yeah... that's what a 181# difference looks like. :)

Btw, guys, (you can't see it in that picture, but...) I know my belly looks kind of funny right now, and I kind of look like I'm pregnant, BUT I'M NOT. So, please. Stop blatantly looking at my belly like you're expecting me to say I'm pregnant. I'm not! It's loose skin, and my remaining fat. Ain't no baby up in there. LOL

~♥~
Lady D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plastics...

So, I had kind of stopped updating this blog since I record most things on Instagram, but, I kind of want to document my plastics journey on...